How can I leave a legacy gift to Fair Vote Canada?
Leaving a gift in your will for Fair Vote Canada will help us continue to work for a stronger, fairer democracy where every voter has an influence over the policies that affect our lives. We rely on the generosity of individuals to keep campaigning for proportional representation!
Read our Will Kit to find out how your legacy gift makes a difference!
How to Leave a Gift in Your Will
1. Specific Bequest – a specific dollar amount or piece of property to Fair Vote Canada.
Sample wording for dollar amount in your will:
“I give to Fair Vote Canada currently of 88 North Drive, Kitchener, Ontario, N2M 1K8, the sum of $______ to be used at the discretion of the organization.”
2. Percentage Bequest – allocate a percentage of your estate to Fair Vote Canada
3. Residual Bequest –in your Will you allocate all or a percentage of your estate to Fair Vote Canada that remains after all expenses and specific bequests are taken care of first.
Sample wording for residual gift in your will:
“I give to Fair Vote Canada currently of 88 North Drive, Kitchener, Ontario, N2M 1K8 (or ______%) of the residue of my estate, to be used at the discretion of the organization.”
4. A Life Insurance Policy – you can name Fair Vote Canada Canada as the beneficiary of a policy (including a policy from your workplace). You might also consider signing over ownership of a policy with premiums that are fully paid.
5. RRSP – you can name Fair Vote Canada as a beneficiary of all or a percentage of the funds.
6. Contingent Bequest Guaranteeing Income for a Loved One – you make a provision in your Will that any remaining amount in a fund you’ve established to guarantee income for the life of a loved one will be donated to Fair Vote Canada after their passing
Basic Information about Fair Vote Canada
Fair Vote Canada
88 North Drive
Non-profit incorporation number: 392730-0