Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request free flyers and materials for your next event. Due to resource limitations, most of these documents are in English only. French versions are included where available.
Heading out to collect signatures on a phone or tablet? Download Fair Vote Canada’s new Declaration of Voters’ Rights Android app
- Printable petition to the House of Commons Send 25 signatures to your MP and encourage him or her to read the petition in the House of Commons.
- Printable Declaration of Voters’ Rights Invite your friends and neighbours to join the thousands who have already signed the Declaration of Voters’ Rights.
- Printable Campaign Materials Print these off to distribute in your community
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Questions for Candidates Get your Prime Minister, MP, MPP, MLA, and Councillor to commit to making every vote count…
- Printable Politicians’ Pledge …then get it in writing and send it to us!
- Action Guide: A how-to for teams and chapters on the ground.
- Why Proportional Representation? A look at the evidence
- Videos from fair Vote Canada’s Video Contest 2013:
Resources for Teachers – Democracy and Voting Systems Lesson Plan
This lesson plan for introductory secondary school civics and social studies classes can easily be modified for other grade levels.
- Download the materials:
- Watch how to give the lesson yourself, or
- Email email@example.com to invite a Fair Vote Canada speaker to do it.
- Share it! If you would like to help us get this lesson plan into as many Canadian classrooms as possible, as either a coordinator or presenter, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fair Vote Canada Organizational Documents
- FVC Membership Form
- Statement of Purpose
- Three-Year Strategic Plan
- FVC Chapter Guidelines
- FVC By-laws
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Students for Fair Voting By-laws
- Meeting minutes archive
- Fair Vote Canada tabloid 8pp. (June 2013)
- Can Fair Voting Systems Really Make a Difference? Research on Proportional Representation 8pp. (December 2003)
- The Alternative Vote (or Instant Run-off Voting): It’s no solution for the democratic deficit 4pp. (August 2009)
- Law Commission of Canada Report on Electoral Reform 209pp. (2004)
- List of Civil Society Groups Using Fair Voting Systems (March 2010)
- Dubious Democracy: Report on Federal Elections 1980-2004 14pp. (January 2006)
- Dubious Democracy: Report on Provincial Elections 1980-2000 7pp. (September 2003)
- Response to Globe and Mail Editorial Series 5pp. (May 2005)
- This is Democracy? 5pp. (January 2005)
- Voting Systems: We Have Choices 8pp. (January 2005)
- Reform of Parliament – FVC policy statement (February 2010)
- Proportional Representation in BC, NB, PEI, and QC: Assessments and Recommendations on Proposed Systems in Four Provinces (March 2005)
External Links (Canada)
- Constitutional Test Case Centre (University of Toronto)
- Elections Canada
- Democracy Watch – Voter Rights Campaign
- Fair Voting British Columbia
- BC Citizens’ Assembly on Electoral Reform
- New Brunswick Commission on Legislative Democracy
- Ontario Citizens’ Assembly on Electoral Reform
- Mouvement démocratie nouvelle (in French only)
External Links (International)
- ACE Electoral Knowledge Network
- Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (IDEA)
- PARLINE Database (Inter-Parliamentary Union)
- Proportional Representation Library
- FairVote (United States)
- Electoral Reform Society (United Kingdom)
- Proportional Representation Society of Australia
Links for Running Online Voting Elections
Please inform email@example.com of any outdated links.