Community Fundraiser & Outreach Coordinator
Fair Vote Canada
408 – 283 Danforth Ave.
Toronto, ON M4K 1N2
Kelly Carmichael – email@example.com, 705-559-9657
Electoral Expert: Wilfred Day – firstname.lastname@example.org, 905-885-5456
Find a speaker.
Looking for a speaker for your group, club, classroom, or event? We’ll come out and give a presentation of any length, tailored to your group’s needs! Just contact email@example.com.
Find a chapter or start one.
Get involved in your community. Find your local chapter or team below. If there isn’t a chapter or team in your area, start one today — it’s easier than you think!
firstname.lastname@example.org (Rick Habgood) | Facebook
email@example.com (Alliance 4 Democracy – Bet)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Tim Jones)
email@example.com (Iain Macanulty) | Facebook
firstname.lastname@example.org (Jordan) | Facebook
email@example.com (Ken MacKay)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Dan Griffin)
email@example.com (Mark Figge)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Rick Odegaard)
email@example.com (Brenna Slawich)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Wilf Day, 905-885-5456) | Facebook
email@example.com (Patricia McGrail)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Alanna Morgan)
email@example.com (Erik Peterson)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Ken Szijarto, 705-327-5070) | Facebook
email@example.com | Web site | Facebook
firstname.lastname@example.org | Web site | Facebook
email@example.com (Lindsey Troville) | Facebook | Twitter
firstname.lastname@example.org (Dan Desson) | Facebook
NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION email@example.com (Julien Lamarche, 613-237-0976; Media, 613-266-3793) | Web site | Facebook
Want to get the word out about fair voting in your community? Start a Fair Vote Canada team or chapter! Dedicated individuals working in teams and chapters do some of the most important work of our grassroots organization. Teams can do as little or as much as their members have time for— it does not need to be a huge commitment. Every effort moves us towards winning a fair electoral system.
What do teams and chapters do?
- Have info tables to give out literature and talk to the public about the need for electoral reform
- Host democracy-themed events — chances to talk about proportional representation, sometimes in partnership with other community groups
- Collect signatures on our petition to the House of Commons
- Write to and visit MPs
- Present to high school classes and other groups
- Spread the word via blogs, social media, and letters to the editor
- Any other creative ideas members come up with
- The Fair Vote Canada Action Guide is a practical “how-to” guide full of suggestions for individuals and chapters.
Starting a team is easy:
- Talk to others in your community who might be interested in helping you. Even one other person is enough.
- Set a time and place for a first informal meeting or first event (a coffee shop, library or community centre are a few suggestions).
- Email Anita Nickerson (firstname.lastname@example.org), and she’ll invite all of Fair Vote Canada’s local members and contacts to support and attend your initiative.
We’ve never had a better chance to achieve proportional representation at the federal level. 39% of the vote for any party should not mean 100% of the power. Canadian voters deserve a fair electoral system. Together, we can make it happen.
Fair Vote Canada is governed by a democratically elected National Council of 15 persons. Five people are elected each year to a three-year term using the Single Transferable Vote (STV), a proportional voting system. The current members and officers of the FVC National Council, with term expiry dates, are listed below.
- Chardaye Bueckert (2019) (Chair)
- Wilf Day (2019) (Secretary)
- John Deverell (2017)
- Jean-Sébastien Dufresne (2017)
- Chris Durrant (2017)
- Cym Gomery (2017)
- Sam Hersh (2018)
- Aamir Hussain (2018)
- Bruce Hyer (2019) Bruce@BruceHyer.,ca
- Réal Lavergne (2018) (President)
- David Merner (2019) (Vice President)
- Brenda Oslawsky (2017) (Vice President)
- Jennifer Ross (2018) (Treasurer)
- Gary Shaul (2019) email@example.com
- Kelsey Wagner (2017) KelseyRWagner@gmail.com
The National Advisory Board is comprised of prominent Canadians from a wide variety of backgrounds and political viewpoints. Appointed by the National Council, the members of the Advisory Board provide advice, assist with strategy and contacts, and publicly support Fair Vote Canada. The members of the Advisory Board are:
- Rick Anderson
- Dr. Lloyd Axworthy
- Dr. Patricia Baird
- Maude Barlow
- Dr. Sylvia Bashevkin
- Robert Bateman
- Dr. Marie Bountrogianni
- Patrick Boyer
- Ed Broadbent
- Nathalie Des Rosiers
- Linda Silver Dranoff
- Dr. Phyllis Grosskurth
- Jim Harris
- Mel Hurtig
- Dr. Vincent Lemieux
- Rafe Mair
- Robin Mathews
- Audrey McLaughlin, PC, OC
- Dr. Henry Milner
- The Hon. Lorne Nystrom, PC
- Dr. Sylvia Ostry, CC, OM, FRSC
- Stephen Owen, PC
- Dr. Dennis Pilon
- Walter Pitman, OC, O.Ont
- Bob Rae, PC, OC, OOnt, QC
- Judy Rebick
- Walter Robinson
- Dr. Norman Ruff
- Sen. Nancy Ruth, CM
- Rick Salutin
- Sen. Hugh Segal, CM
- David Suzuki, CC, OBC
- Dr. John Trent
- Ted White
- The Very Rev., The Hon. Lois Wilson, CC, O.Ont
- Patricia Lane