Select Page

I dream of Justin Trudeau–and have for years

Forums Discussion Forums General Discussion I dream of Justin Trudeau–and have for years

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vivian Unger
      • ★★

Following last night’s dream, I have the feeling that the time has come to start sharing my Justin Trudeau dreams with the larger PR community. So here goes. Dream experts recommend giving your dream a title. I’m calling this one:

Trudeau’s New Office

I’m wandering alone in a department store. (I’d been shopping with a friend, but we decide to split up for a time.) I come across a section that’s more like an open-plan office, with desks and such. There’s Justin Trudeau, sitting in a corner on an office chair. There’s a desk in front of him, its side pushed up against a short wall. The wall has a window, but it only looks onto another section of the store. It’s like a cubicle, but more open and permanent.

“Hey Justin Trudeau,” I call out as I approach, “I thought you had a nicer office than this.”

He mutters something and takes off his suit jacket. Underneath, he has no shirt on. I get a good look at an expanse of pale skin and a scattering of chest hairs. “Dude, we’re in public!” I admonish him, although nobody else is around. He ignores this, picks up a crumpled shirt, and uses it to mop at both his armpits.

Then his jacket is back on. I don’t know what happens with the crumpled shirt. I don’t think it was in any state to wear. At this point, I become intensely aware of having an opportunity. I have to be the PR activist, and press him on reform.

“Trudeau,” I say, “Don’t you think democracy is important?”

He launches into a story. I’m deeply moved. I feel my defenses crumbling. The dream ends with me weeping openly on his shoulder, my tears soaking into the (dark blue?) wool.

~-*-~

I wake up remembering, “Trudeau told me a story,” but when I try to recall it, I can feel it slipping out of my reach. Frustratingly, the story is gone. I don’t remember the smallest piece of it.

I think my first Trudeau dream dates back to before he was PM, but after he was elected leader of the Liberal Party. So this has been going on for some time. There’s been an interesting progression with the dreams, especially with this latest one. That’s why I’ve decided to share it.

FYI

Dream experts recommend prefacing any comments about the meaning of a dream with the phrase, “If it were my dream…” This acknowledges that only the dreamer can be certain what her own dream means.

Cross-posting note: I plan to also post this to the Google group.

George
    • British Columbia
      • ★★★

Ignoring the almost sexual nature of your story, I do find it funny that Trudeau launches into a story. Very trademark Trudeau. If I could see inside his brain, I imagine I would see something like: “If I do something unpopular I can just go into a long winded empathic story ask for forgiveness without being sorry and everyone will love me again.”

Vivian Unger
      • ★★

It is Trudeau, isn’t it? All my dreams of him have felt pretty true to life–even the first one I ever had, in which I got onto an elevator with him and he turned out to be a plastic mannequin. This is why I tend to think it’s the real Trudeau who appears in my dreams. Does that mean I’m appearing in his dreams too? I hope so. If I harass him enough in his sleep, maybe he’ll give in and have a citizen’s assembly on electoral reform.

Vivian Unger
      • ★★

I’ve compiled a timeline of my Trudeau dreams. In doing so, I discovered that there were many I didn’t bother to write down. These dreams are therefore lost. All I remember is that one involved me being in the same yoga class with Trudeau (or was it a Pilates class?) I regret my lack of diligence and promise to do a better job of recording in the future.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d8UDMMeyx0kHsxSnu0NzB5HfTkqfvhcgGvX-fNx-D4s/edit?usp=sharing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Discussion Forums General Discussion I dream of Justin Trudeau–and have for years