- Fair Voting
- About Us
- Get involved
- Donate and join
TAKE THE ONE-MINUTE DEMOCRACY QUIZ
Test your knowledge of the Canadian electoral system. Are the following statements true or false?
1) Every vote is equal – it doesn't matter who you support or where you live. True or false?
2) Election results are fair – what we say at the ballot box is what we get. True or false? or
3) A party must win a majority of votes to form a majority government. True or false?
4) Government is always formed by the party that wins the most votes. True or false? or
5) Voters who oppose the government are always represented by opposition parties. True or false? or
6) Canada has more women in parliament than either Turkmenistan, Laos or Eritrea. True or false?
7) Canada ranked 108th in the world in voter turnout in the 1990s. True or false?
8) Most older European nations use 12th century voting systems, while Canada uses a modern voting system. True or false?
Click here for the answers.